English Language Learners
Please note is available in select libraries; is available in all libraries; is also available outside the library with your card; and is freely available online.
Locate Washington state government information and services with links to all state agencies with communities information. (Site is available in Spanish, Russian, and more.
Learn to speak, read, and write English from the instructors at the main Clark College campus.
Set up an account in your preferred language, then start learning a new one, whether you speak English and want to learn Swedish, or your first language is Spanish and you want to learn English.
Join other English language learners and volunteers to practice speaking English in a warm, friendly environment.
Access online tutorials for computer basics, office software, job hunting skills, money management, social media, online security and more.
Find your specific area of interest under one of these headings: Technology Basics, Living in the Online World, Microsoft Office, Essential Skills, and Work & Career. Follow these links for practice using a mouse or to learn about email. Most tutorials also available in Spanish.
Use this free, local job search and referral program to help you find a job outside Goodwill that fits your needs and abilities.
Learn new skills or prepare for exams of all kinds in one of the many learning centers:
- Adult Learning Center - Improve your basic skills in math, reading, writing, speaking, and grammar, or prepare to become a U.S. citizen.
- Career Center - Learn about careers, prepare for entrance and occupational exams, like the civil service or ASVAB, or even the TOEIC if you're an English language learner.
- Popular Software Tutorials - Expand your skills and claim some self-study time with common computer software from Adobe and Microsoft.
- School Center - Find extra lessons and practice exams for elementary, middle and high school students on topics ranging from reading comprehension to trigonometry.
- High School Equivalency Center - Build your basic skills and prepare for the GED test.
- College Prep Center - Study up before you take standardized tests for college such as PSAT/NMSQT, AP Exams, SAT and ACT.
- College Center - Strengthen your academic skills in science, grammar and writing, reading, or math; and prepare for placement tests and graduate entrance exams.
Use your library card to borrow eBooks in Spanish, Russian and Chinese. Read in your browser on PC, Mac®, tablets or mobile devices.
- Borrow up to seven (7) titles at a time for 21 days, with one renewal allowed per title.
- Odilo is available only to FVRL cardholders who are also district residents or paying non-residents.
Get started today!
- Browse or search for a title you'd like to read. (More about searching.)
- Choose "Borrow" to check out the book. (More about borrowing and streaming.)
- Log in with your library card number and PIN.
- Choose "Display in Browser." We recommend reading in your browser. The app is not yet fully functioning.
Learn English and explore American culture through puzzles, games, and adventures in an interactive world.
Choose a language, watch the training video, take the test, pay your fee, and print out a food handler's card, so you can work in the food or restaurant industry in Washington.
Explore careers, research occupations, the labor market, and more under the Career Tools menu.
Find local offices, training, job listings, etc. under the Resources tab. Take advantage of the information and services for both job seekers and employers. (Available in multiple languages.)