Get reading ideas by author or genre and read reviews by your fellow readers around the globe. You can even join Good Reads and write your own reviews.
Learn about the legal issues and options available to youth, from foster care to domestic violence; parenting to immigration; and more.
Watch tutorials online and practice a wide variety of life skills and academic subjects, from computer programming to printmaking or 3rd grade math to entrepreneurship.
Find the right book for your reading level. Don't know your Lexile measure? Get help finding it.
Click an item to see how to craft it in the game of Minecraft.
How to use mouse and keyboard controls in the game of Minecraft.
Read about emerging green technologies and issues on the environment and sustainability.
Use this eResource to find magazines, journals, newspapers, definitions, directories, and information on all health related topics. The materials contained in this resource are intended for informational purposes only.
View full-text reference books, encyclopedias, non-fiction books, history periodicals, documents, and biographies along with historical photos, maps, and videos.
Dig into study units covering over 500 historical topics on global history from ancient times to the present day.
Search magazines, books, videos and reports for projects and information. Find detailed "how-to" instructions and creative ideas.Subject areas include arts & crafts, collecting, games & electronics, model building, home & leisure, needlework, outdoors & nature, and scrapbooking & paper crafts.
- Check out up to 12 films, TV episodes, music albums, or eComics from Hoopla monthly and enjoy them on your computer, phone, tablet, or TV.…
- Hoopla is available only to FVRL cardholders who are also district residents or paying non-residents.
- View movies and TV shows* for three (3) days following checkout.
- Stream music albums for up to seven (7) days following checkout.
- Download and view eComics for 21 days following checkout.
Get started today!
- Create an account with the email and password of your choice.
- Download the appropriate app for your device, or use it in your web browser. (For FAQs, see Hoopla Support.)
- Borrow and enjoy!
*You may need the Widevine plugin to view videos in your browser. If you are using Firefox, you may wish to use Google Chrome instead, as it doesn't require the plugin.
Explore key players and the battles they fought to see how they shaped our nation.
Dig deeper into full-text, academic journal articles and primary sources in a variety of disciplines.
Stream independent films, documentaries, classic films, Great Courses, world cinema, kids' educational programming, and kids' movies (with Common Sense Media ratings).
- Watch up to 10 films per month. (Play credits reset on the 1st of the month.)
- Take up to 3 days to watch each film
Get started now!
- Find resources including practice tests and tutorials for school success; college, career, and citizenship preparation; and software and computer tutorials.…
You'll be able to:
- Improve your skills in elementary, middle, and high school subjects, or study for your high school equivalency credential.
- Prepare for the ACT, SAT, and AP tests and more, and search for scholarships.
- Explore careers and prepare for entrance and occupational exams and military tests.
- Find a college, review your college skills, or prepare for for college placement exams and grad school admission exams.
- Learn computer and internet basics, and master popular software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, and Windows operating systems.
Some features require free registration in order to save your work, revisit your tests, or store scores. You'll need a valid email address and PIN to register.
Encuentre recursos para hispanohablantes sobre lectura y escritura en inglés, matemáticas y cómo prepararse para el examen de GED.
Find resources for Spanish speakers about reading and writing in English, math and preparing for the GED test.
Find full-text articles and abstracts from general reference, business, consumer health, and general science magazines and journals.