Pick up books and other library materials Monday through Saturday by appointment at any FVRLibraries location. Materials already on the hold shelf, or which have been placed on hold during this closure, will be available for pickup first. Please call to make an appointment so we can prepare your order. (Note: As a temporary limit to help us serve everyone, you may place only up to ten items on hold per library card instead of fifty.)
How to do curbside pickup
Step One: Place a hold
- Place your hold as usual. Use the library catalog or library app, or call your library to get help from staff over the phone. All libraries will be answering phones 10 am to 5 pm Monday through Saturday.
Step Two: Schedule a pickup appointment
- You will get an email, phone call, text, or letter when your items are ready.
- Once notified, call us Monday through Saturday, 10 am to 5 pm, to schedule an appointment. Call:
- 1-888-546-2707 (area code 509)
- 1-800-921-6211 (Yale Valley)
- Appointments are available for these hours:
- For most locations, 10 am to 12 pm and 2 pm to 5 pm Monday through Saturday
- For Vancouver Mall Library, 10:40 am to 12 pm and 2 to 5 pm Monday through Saturday
- Have your library card number ready before you call.
Step Three: Pick up your items during your appointment time
- Look for the Curbside Pickup or Curbside Walk Up sign at the library. (Please note: Vancouver Mall Library has Walk Up only. The pickup location for items is inside the mall just outside the library.)
- Call the number listed on the sign. Any questions or special circumstances should be communicated to staff at this time. For curbside pickup, please remain in your vehicle for everyone's safety and health while staff are helping you.
- Your items will be already bagged and checked out to you. Staff will place them in your trunk or use another no-contact method arranged ahead of time.
- Holds that have not been picked up at the scheduled time will be held for three business days to allow for rescheduling.
Have more questions? See our Curbside FAQs!