La Center Community Library
+ Branch features
Virginia's Bookstore: Shop for gently used books at bargain prices during regular library hours in our Friends of the Library bookstore.
Public computers: Six computers are available for public use.
+ Statistics & History
2019 Service Statistics
Visits to library: 35,127
Programs offered: 383
Program attendance: 5,344
Reference questions: 3,718
Ownership: Robert Colf
Square Footage: 3,380
January, 2019: The library gets a "refresh" with new carpet and paint.
May 8, 2004: The library opened to the public.
August 2001: The hospital building was moved 1/2 mile to its current location on NE Lockwood Creek Road. The building was then transformed into a library thanks to the generous contributions from the Colf Family Foundation, Friends of the Library fundraising, multiple grants and donations, and the library district.
May 2001: Friends of La Center Community Library formed.
Early 2001: Margaret Colf Hepola saw new life for a historic circa 1905 hospital building as a public library and saved it from being destroyed in a firefighter burn exercise.