Woodland Community Library
+ Branch features
Friends of the Library Bookstore: shop for gently used books at bargain prices during regular library hours.
+ Statistics & history
2019 service statistics
Visits to library: 50,236
Programs offered: 180
Program attendance: 3,941
Reference questions: 3,328
Ownership: City of Woodland
Square Footage: 2,376
2017: FVRL purchases land in Woodland for a new library.
1998: The downstairs floor of the library was remodeled using FVRL funds and a Swift grant.
1997: The upstairs children's room was carpeted, painted and decorated using funds donated by the Phyllis Nevil Memorial Fund.
1997: Woodland Public Library became a branch of FVRL.
1996: Woodland voted to annex to FVRL.
1954: On February 2, the Council of the Town of Woodland passed Ordinance No. 214 creating a Board of Library Trustees to be appointed by the Council.
1926: The Woodland Public Library was opened in the current building. The city provided money for the maintenance of the library. Two privately operated libraries preceded the public library, one established by Mrs. Sam Conrad and the other, some years later, by the American Legion and the Men's Club. The Books from the latter were donated to the new public library. The building occupied by the library was built in 1909 on the Woodland school grounds and was moved to its present location when the high school was built in 1922. At one time it served as the school science building.