Fort Vancouver Regional Libraries has an opening for a full-time Executive Assistant at the FVRL Operations Center. The Executive Assistant works independently, performing a wide range of complex and confidential tasks in support of the Executive Director, Board of Trustees and members of the Administrative team. This position requires exceptional communication, writing, organization and interpersonal skills and the ability to provide information to a wide range of internal and external contacts.
Some essential functions of this position include:
- Draft Board agendas, prepare Board packets, provide timely and accurate minutes of meetings as needed; forward Board e-mail and correspondence and work with Executive Director to resolve issues.
- Prepare Board-approved minutes, notes, documents, financials, budgets, and statistical reports for publication for both FVRL and Yale Valley Library District.
- Manage and maintain open records documentation, contracts, meeting minutes and other documentation in compliance with state record retention requirements.
- Book travel and training for District personnel in coordination with HR and Finance Divisions.
- Assist with writing and editing invitations to bid and requests for information, proposals and qualifications; manage bid processes, track evaluations and responses, file contracts.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study or equivalent
- Minimum of three years of related work experience required; five years of related work experience preferred
- Minimum of one year of demonstrated experience managing people and/or projects
The ideal candidate would have the ability to demonstrate mastery of the following:
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Independent work habits and self-motivation
- Time management skills
- Researching skills
- Detail orientation
- Discretion and good judgement
The job description describes the full variety of duties. Serious candidates are encouraged to review the full position description below.
Pay & benefits
The compensation for this position begins at $45,157 per year with an excellent benefits package including health insurance benefits, life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment, short term and long term disability benefits, Washington State PERS retirement and paid time off.
No relocation assistance is available for this position.
Tentative recruiting timeline
Application deadline: Open until a sufficient number of qualified applications are received
First review of applications: August 9, 2018
Interviews: August 17, 2018