Help Guide for Morningstar.com
Use this database to:
- find stocks and mutual funds that meet certain criteria (“Screeners”)
- research a specific stock or fund (“Reports”)
- view how different stocks & funds work together as a portfolio (“Portfolio X-Ray”)
- use the “Help & Education” tab to find definitions of investment terms or to take more than 150 classes on investment-related topics.
Use “Screeners” to find stocks or mutual funds with built-in criteria.
- Select Stock or Funds or ETF (Exchange Traded Funds) using the ratio button.
- Use the pull-down menu to pick criteria to search (e.g. Morningstar Rating).
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Use “Reports” to research a specific stock or fund. Search by stock, fund name or by ticker.
- Search by ticker or name for Morningstar Report.
- Get details for over 1,700 stocks and 2,000 funds with Morningstar's analyses.
Use “Portfolio X-Ray” to look at how all your investments may fit together.
- Choose to enter holding information by dollar amount or by percentage using the radio buttons at the top of the screen.
- Enter ticker symbol for each fund or stock in your portfolio (click on Ticker Lookup if you're unsure of the symbol).
- See your X-Ray results in charts.
This information compiled by FVRL staff