Foundation Center Cooperating Collection
FVRL is a Cooperating Collection of the Foundation Center, providing free public access to grantmaker directories, books on fundraising and nonprofit management, and the Foundation Center's electronic databases.
You have unlimited access to the three nonprofit databases while at the Vancouver Community Library via our electronic resource stations or your personal laptop. If using your personal laptop in the library, use these links to access the three online databases: Foundation Directory Online Professional, Foundation Grants to Individuals Online and Philanthropy In/Sight. These are available during library open hours.
No appointment is necessary to use the resources, but library staff members are available to answer your questions about the collection. You can also book-a-librarian for a one-on-one research appointment for more in-depth help. For upcoming, free library-sponsored workshops on nonprofit research topics, please check our online events calendar.
- Community Nonprofit Resources Group (CNRG)
- Make use of the very active discussion list of this Portland-based networking group for young nonprofit and government professionals.
- Community Foundation for Southwest Washington
- Find information from this centralized foundation for projects serving communities in Clark, Cowlitz and Skamania Counties.
- Executive Service Corps of Washington
- Call on volunteer consultants to access a broad range of skills and services to nonprofits.
- Nonprofit Network of Southwest Washington
- Gain awareness of nonprofits in Southwest Washington or get organizational development assistance.
- Technical Assistance for Community Services
- Access the many services of this Portland-based organization: training, professional networks, consulting, N-Power, and the TACS Nonprofit Helpline.
- Washington Attorneys Assisting Community Organizations
- Eligible organizations get referrals to volunteer attorneys for help with matters ranging from maintenance of tax-exempt status to complex business contracts and transactions.
- Form 1023 Help
- Get help completing IRS Form 1023, the Application for Exempt Status under Section 501(c)(3).
- Foundation Center
- Access a variety of free search tools, free and paid training classes, tutorials, downloadable reports, and a daily news service, Philanthropy News Digest.
- Find and apply for Federal grants across 26 grant-making agencies.
- Find government benefit program eligibility information. Start from the homepage, choose Benefits in the top menu list and search using one of the options provided.
- Grantsmanship Center
- Get fundraising training from this national institution.
- Review the 990 forms of over 800,000 nonprofit organizations.
- National Center for Charitable Statistics
- Access a national clearinghouse of data on the nonprofit sector in the United States and the information on understanding and filing the Form 990.
- Nonprofit Good Practice Guide
- Read best practices to assist nonprofits and foundations in improving their efficiency and effectiveness.