Front of Stevenson Community Library
Front of Stevenson Community Library

Stevenson Community Library

Location & hours

Address & phone number

120 NW Vancouver Ave
Stevenson, WA 98648


Open hours


Get directions

Google map of Stevenson library

Branch Manager

Tina Smith

Handicapped wheelchair icon    Wi-Fi icon

What's happening

Learn more

+ Branch features

Friends of the Library Bookstore: shop for gently used books at bargain prices during regular library hours. Located in the lower lobby near the gallery.


+ Statistics & history

2017 service statistics

Circulation: 52,941
Visits to library: 35,782
Programs offered: 191
Program attendance: 3,107
Reference questions: 1,807

Building information

Ownership: Fort Vancouver Regional Library District
Square Footage: 7,980

Library history

1921: Library founded by Stevenson Woman's Club.

1938: Library building constructed on Russell St.

1942: Bookmobile service from Vancouver supported by WPA demonstration grant, Skamania County and the City of Stevenson.

1952: Skamania and Clark Counties formed the Fort Vancouver Regional Library District.

1953: City of Stevenson contracted with FVRL for library services.

1967: Current library building opened.

1994: Stevenson voted to annex to FVRL.

2017: Stevenson Community Library is remodeled and celebrates its 50th anniversary.