La Center Community Library
+ Branch features
Friends of the Library Bookstore: shop for gently used books at bargain prices during regular library hours.
+ Statistics & History
2017 Service Statistics
Visits to library: 33,403
Programs offered: 199
Program attendance: 6,312
Reference questions: 1,781
Ownership: Robert Colf
Square Footage: 3,380
Early 2001: Margaret Colf Hepola saw new life for a historic circa 1905 hospital building as a public library and saved it from being destroyed in a firefighter burn exercise.
May 2001: Friends of La Center Community Library formed.
August 2001: The hospital building was moved 1/2 mile to its current location on NE Lockwood Creek Road. The building was then transformed into a library thanks to the generous contributions from the Colf Family Foundation, Friends of the Library fundraising, multiple grants and donations, and the library district.
May 8, 2004: The library opened to the public.