Watch a volcano erupt! Play games, find project ideas, and have fun learning about ecosystems, space, energy and matter, maps, climates and more in Power Knowledge.
Science & Math
Please note is available in select libraries; is available in all libraries; is also available outside the library with your card; and is freely available online.
Worried about polar bears? Study them and other animals, adaptation, habitats, the human body, food chains, green living, extinct species, and more in Power Knowledge.
What goes up must come down. You’ll find more about gravity, atoms, motion, temperature and more, with videos and games to explain it all in Power Knowledge.
Find authoritative science information: full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, experiments, images, videos, audio files, and links to vetted websites.
Look for experiments, images, videos, and articles on recent events and discoveries in a range of science areas.
Find out how to reduce your environmental impact, and learn how major industries are working to curb pollution and improve the environment. Includes activities to do at home.
Read about emerging green technologies and issues on the environment and sustainability.
Who discovered the Earth is round? When were motion pictures invented? Find out how things we take for granted today were discovered or invented, from zippers to atomic time.
Learn new skills or prepare for exams of all kinds in one of the many learning centers:
- Adult Learning Center - Improve your basic skills in math, reading, writing, speaking, and grammar, or prepare to become a U.S. citizen.
- Career Center - Learn about careers, prepare for entrance and occupational exams, like the civil service or ASVAB, or even the TOEIC if you're an English language learner.
- Popular Software Tutorials - Expand your skills and claim some self-study time with common computer software from Adobe and Microsoft.
- School Center - Find extra lessons and practice exams for elementary, middle and high school students on topics ranging from reading comprehension to trigonometry.
- High School Equivalency Center - Build your basic skills and prepare for the GED test.
- College Prep Center - Study up before you take standardized tests for college such as PSAT/NMSQT, AP Exams, SAT and ACT.
- College Center - Strengthen your academic skills in science, grammar and writing, reading, or math; and prepare for placement tests and graduate entrance exams.
Find resources for speakers of Spanish on reading and writing in English, math, and GED preparation.
Explore science and find fun activities about bridges, the weather, measuring, and more. A great resource for simple science fair ideas and topic exporation.
Get help grasping the main points on homework that's challenging! Watch videos on a range of academic subjects, ranging from World History and Culture to Biology and Literature.
Watch tutorials online and practice a wide variety of life skills and academic subjects, from computer programming to printmaking or 3rd grade math to entrepreneurship.
Browse articles, explore topics, and find images. All the National Geographic resources are at your command, without the big stacks of yellow magazines.
Explore topics related to most school topics and find resources for homework assignments and entertainment. Sources provided by Smithsonian Center for Learning and Digital Access.
Learn reading and math from the basics--ABCs and 123s all the way up to basic reading and arithmetic.
Access online tutorials for computer basics, office software, job hunting skills, money management, social media, online security and more.
Find your specific area of interest under one of these headings: Technology Basics, Living in the Online World, Microsoft Office, Essential Skills, and Work & Career. Follow these links for practice using a mouse or to learn about email. Most tutorials also available in Spanish.