Updated 6/26/2017: The parking lot project is finished! Thank you for your patience during this process.
The City of Vancouver is repaving the parking lot shared with Cascade Park Community Library and Firstenburg Community Center, affecting parking and traffic patterns for patrons at our branch. We apologize for any inconvenience through the project’s anticipated June end date.
Existing pervious concrete will be replaced with permeable brick pavers. The resulting surface is much more durable, easier to repair and maintains drainage needs. Firstenburg and Cascade Park Community Library will remain open throughout construction. This project will be done in three separate phases and will affect parking and traffic patterns for the next few months.
- Construction began the evening of Sunday, April 16.
- The main driveway will remain open.
- Patrons can park around the north side of the building where parking won't be disturbed.
Phases 2 and 3
- Driveway access will narrow to allow entry-only traffic.
- A new temporary exit point will be created at the north end of the parking lot.
- Left turns out of the parking lot will be restricted. Signage will alert drivers.
Please note that the layout of the parking lot and dimension/size of parking stalls will not change as a result of this project.