Progress and next steps:
- At the FVRL Board meeting on Monday, May 21, the Board voted to negotiate the acceptance of the Ridgefield Community Center building to provide expanded library services. Negotiations are underway and should be completed soon.
- Phase I & II environmental analyses of the site have been concluded and are available on this page (at right).
- FVRL Trustees have set aside $1 million for the building project.
- Conducting an appraisal of the building and geotechnical analysis
- Seeking legal counsel to establish the terms of the agreement
- Sending out a Request for Qualifications for architects and other consultants
- Developing a full budget for the project
- Establishing a plan for fundraising with the FVRL Foundation and the Friends of Ridgefield Community Library
- Working with the public and community partners to map out the community's needs in a new library
How you can help:
- Attend or participate in community meetings: Get information and share your vision for a new library. Check the events calendar for opportunities.
- Attend fundraisers: Check the events calendar for opportunities.
- Volunteer your time and effort: Join or support the Friends of Ridgefield Community Library and help with fundraisers and library promotion.
- Donate funds: Fort Vancouver Regional Library Foundation gratefully accepts gifts of any size towards the building project.
- FVRL started working with community stakeholders to find suitable property.
- At the same time, the Friends of Ridgefield Community Library began fundraising.
October 2014: A Pre-Design Study by FFA Architects, with input from the communities involved, recommended library square footage and features and included projected possible costs.
December 2013: A facilities study by Berger ABAM identified the need for new library facilities in Woodland, Ridgefield and Washougal.
In the news
- Staying put: Ridgefield's library to expand (The Reflector, 6/12/2018)
- Ridgefield library's new home won't require it to move (The Columbian, 5/23/2018)
- One option for Ridgefield library shelved (The Columbian, 1/17/2018)
- Supporters of new Ridgefield library eager for more progress (The Columbian, 11/1/2017)
- Ridgefield Main Street hires first executive director (The Columbian, 9/19/2017)
- Mayor: Ridgefield on the ‘path of progress’ (The Reflector, 2/14/2017)
- 3 small cities strive to book new libraries (The Columbian, 11/26/2015)
- Ridgefield, Woodland libraries get design priority (The Reflector, 5/28/2014)
- Study reveals Ridgefield, Woodland need new libraries (The Reflector, 4/30/2014)