Front of Washougal Community Library
Front of Washougal Community Library

Washougal Community Library

Location & hours

Address & phone number

1661 C Street
Washougal, WA 98671

360-906-4860

Open hours

вс
--
пн
--
вт
10-8
ср
10-6
чт
10-6
пт
10-6
сб
10-6

Get directions

Google map of Washougal library

Branch Manager

Rachael Ries

Handicapped wheelchair icon    Wi-Fi icon

What's happening

Learn more

+ Branch features

Friends of the Library Bookstore: shop The Book Nook just inside the front door for gently used books at bargain prices during regular library hours.

 

+ Statistics & history

2018 service statistics

Circulation: 88,199
Visits to library: 53,895
Programs offered: 304
Program attendance: 3,782
Reference questions: 2,298

Building information

Ownership: City of Washougal
Square Footage: 2,400

Library history

1981: Washougal voted to annex to FVRL District; current Library building, built by the city, opened.

1960: Library moved to 20th & “B” with 800 sq. ft. of space.

1946: Washougal contracted with Clark County Library.

1944: Library moved to City Hall at 16th & “B.”

1941: WPA bookmobile from Clark County Library stopped at the Washougal Library.

1930: Mrs. Mabel Moody willed her house on “E” Street to be used as a library and clubhouse. Later the library was given to the city.

1924: Washougal Women's Club organized. Soon after they established a reading room and a circulating library in the back of the Carpenter General Store on Main Street.