Fort Vancouver Regional Libraries has openings for three full-time Senior Public Services Librarians with youth services focuses.
- Early Learning (ages 0-5) Senior Public Services Librarian at Vancouver Community Library
- Children’s Services (ages 5-12) Senior Public Services Librarian at Vancouver Community Library
- Youth Services (ages 0-18) Senior Public Services Librarian at Battle Ground Community Library
Senior Public Services Librarians work throughout their branch to provide a full range of information services to patrons of all ages including responding to reference and reader’s advisory questions, locating materials, and instructing patrons in using library technology. They are also responsible for creating, developing, planning and implementing programs for their focus area for their branch. These librarians develop and maintain relationships with schools and community organizations and promote library services and programs both inside and outside of the library.
The Senior Librarians also oversee the work of two to five Senior Library Assistants who work at the branch. Each Senior Librarian is responsible for assigning work, providing guidance regarding application of policies and procedures, and conducting quarterly performance appraisals for the team members they supervise.
To be considered, applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited program or the ability to obtain a Washington State Librarian certification upon hire
- Three to five years of related work experience, including customer service
- One to three years of supervisory experience or lead worker experience
Please see the position descriptions linked below for a more detailed list of job duties and requirements.
The typical starting salary for this position is $48,090 per year with an excellent benefits package including health insurance benefits, life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment, short term and long term disability benefits, Washington State PERS retirement and paid time off. No relocation assistance is available for this position.
To apply, please submit a completed FVRL Application for Employment (PDF), cover letter and résumé to email@example.com by the deadline listed. Please indicate which of the positions you are applying for on your application. You may submit a single application for multiple positions.
Tentative recruiting timeline:
Application deadline: July 25, 2018
Video (virtual) interviews: August 8-10, 2018
Final interviews: August 27-29, 2018