Stevenson Community Library turns 50 this year! We're currently rebuilding the deck, and starting July 10, our building will get updates that will carry it forward into the next half-century.
What's the plan?
- New furniture, carpet and paint
- Accessibility upgrades
- Remodeled restrooms
- More internet computers
- More shelving space and a refreshed collection of library materials
- New, comfortable seating areas
- Better-defined spaces, including an upgraded teen area
How can I use the library during the remodel?
The last open day at the library will be July 8. While we remodel the library building, the library will be closed, but library services will still be available at these locations:
- The Courthouse Annex, 170 NW Vancouver Ave, Stevenson (entrance at the south side of the building, off the alley)
- Open Monday-Saturday, 9-5, starting July 12.
- Pick up holds, return materials, check out Lucky Day books, read newspapers and magazines, and use Wi-Fi.
- The Skamania/Klickitat Bookmobile in the library's west parking lot
- Look for the bookmobile near the Courthouse Annex (if it isn't out on one of its normal summer runs).
- Return materials or browse a small collection of books to check out.
- North Bonneville Community Library, 214 CBD Mall inside City Hall, North Bonneville
- Open 1-5 pm Tuesday-Thursday and 9 am-12 pm Friday
- Pick up holds, return materials, and browse a small collection
What about library programs?
Library programs will continue in different locations. Find out where in the online events calendar or the Stevenson Community Library What's Happening for June-August 2017 (pdf).