When it comes to reading...
...one size does not fit all. You may be on the go and don't want to be weighed down by books. Maybe magazines are creating clutter in your home or office. Or maybe you want to take advantage of your commute time to listen to a bestseller. If you're looking for the convenience of digital reading, we've got you covered with eBooks, eMagazines and digital audiobooks—all free with your library card. (And if you need a little help getting started, Ask a Librarian.)
The contest is over!
Thank you to everyone who participated in our Always Novel giveaway for Kindle Fire tablets. Over 1700 people entered, completing an average of three bonus entry opportunities each. We had a ton of fun and hope you did, too. And the winners are (drumroll) ...
- Lori of Washougal
- Eric of Vancouver
- Tara of La Center
Congratulations to the winners! Remember, we all get free eBooks, eMagazines, audiobooks, music, movies, learning tools and more with our FVRLibraries card!
Featured eBook and eMagazine resources
Browse the OverDrive catalog for EPUB, Kindle, and PDF format eBooks. Check out up to seven titles at a time for 21 days. Here's how:
- Create an OverDrive account with an email and password of your choice (Recommended)
- Download and install the the classic OverDrive app for your device, or download the newer Libby app for iOS, Android or Windows 10+.
- Find instructions for getting started with your device on OverDrive Help.
Just looking for kids' or teen titles? Click "Kids" or "Teens" on the OverDrive home page.
Read your favorite magazines in electronic format. Here's how:
- Create an RBdigital Magazines account with an email and password or use your RBdigital account if you have one.
- Mobile users: Download the right app for your device (also good for RBdigital audiobooks!)
- Visit the site through FVRL or the app and check out magazines to enjoy—and keep!.
- Read the FAQs if you have questions.
TumbleBooks and TumbleBookCloud: for kids and teens
Peruse animated, talking picture books for kids and families in TumbleBooks.
Stream eBooks, audiobooks and graphic novels of high interest to tweens and teens in TumbleBookCloud. You'll need an internet connection only—no downloading!
Read in your browser on PC, Mac®, tablets or mobile devices. Here's how:
- Browse or search for a title you'd like to read. (More about searching.)
- Choose "Borrow" to check out the book. (More about borrowing and streaming.) Borrow up to seven titles at a time for 21 days
- Log in with your library card number and PIN.
- Choose "Display in Browser." (We recommend reading in your browser. The app is not yet fully functioning.)