The big news in the publishing world this week is the release of Prince Harry’s memoir, Spare. If you placed a hold on this title, it may be a little while until it’s available as it seems many readers are anxious to read Prince Harry’s story.
While you’re waiting for Spare, I have some suggestions for other royal reads. I am focusing on Queen Elizabeth II and her family for this list, but be sure to check out the library’s catalog if you’re interested in the history of the British monarchy pre-Queen Elizabeth II.
- “Brothers and Wives: Inside the Private Lives of William, Kate, Harry, and Meghan” by Christopher P. Andersen.
- “Crown and Sceptre: A New History of the British Monarchy, from William the Conqueror to Elizabeth II” by Tracy Borman.
- “Elizabeth & Margaret: The Intimate World of the Windsor Sisters” by Andrew Morton.
- “The Last Queen: Elizabeth II’s Seventy Year Battle to Save the House of Windsor” by Clive Irving.
- “The New Royals: Queen Elizabeth’s Legacy and the Future of the Crown” by Katie Nicholl.
- “The Queen: Her Life” by Andrew Morton.
New at the Library
- “The Banned Bookshop of Maggie Banks” by Shauna Robinson.
- “The Sisters of Sea View” by Julie Klassen.
- “Two Nurses, Smoking: Stories” by David Means.
- “Choose Growth: A Workbook for Transcending Trauma, Fear, and Self-Doubt” by Scott Barry Kaufman.
- “The Earl and the Pharaoh: From the Real Downton Abbey to the Discovery of Tutankhamun” by The Countess of Carnarvon.
- “The Wild Year: A Field Guide for Exploring Nature All Around Us” by Kristyna Baczynski.
- “Knitting for Dogs” written and illustrated by Laurel Molk.
- “Ode to a Nobody” by Caroline Brooks DuBois.
- “Whose Tracks in the Snow?” written and illustrated by Alexandra Milton.
This is just a small sampling of the many new titles added each week to the Fort Vancouver Regional Libraries collection. Find more in our catalog, or call 360-906-5000 to reserve titles or find additional listings.
Jan Johnston, Collection Manager
Fort Vancouver Regional Libraries
You can email Jan at firstname.lastname@example.org.