What is the 2020 Census?
It's a count of every person who lives in the United States or its territories as of April 1, 2020. The census is taken every 10 years, as required by the US Constitution, and the data is used to determine the number of representatives each state has in Congress and how to allocate Federal funds. Watch this "Census Made Simple" video to learn more.
How can the library help?
Starting March 12:
- Need Wi-Fi? Use your own device and FVRL's free Wi-Fi from the vicinity around our libraries to fill out the online census form.
- Have questions? Our staff can help you find answers. Ask here.
What is the census timeline?
The census timeline has changed in response to the cononavirus situation. You can find the current timeline at the official census website.
How do I complete the census?
Starting March 12, there are three ways to complete the census:
- Fill out the online census form. Video guides are available in English and many other languages.
- Fill out the paper form. (See a sample form in English and a sample form en español.)
- Complete the census by phone (or just get help) by calling a toll-free number:
|LANGUAGE LINE||TOLL-FREE NUMBER|
|Spanish / Español||844-468-2020|
|Chinese (Mandarin) 普通話||844-391-2020|
|Chinese (Cantonese) 廣東話||844-398-2020|
|Vietnamese / Tiếng Việt||844-461-2020|
|Korean / 한국어||844-392-2020|
|Russian / Русский||844-417-2020|
|Arabic / العربية||844-416-2020|
|Tagalog / Tagalog||844-478-2020|
|Polish / Polski||844-479-2020|
|French / Français||844-494-2020|
|Haitian Creole / Kreyòl Ayisyen||844-477-2020|
|Portuguese / Português||844-474-2020|
|Japanese / 日本語||844-460-2020|
|English (Puerto Rico residents)||844-418-2020|
|Spanish / Español (Puerto Rico residents)||844-426-2020|
|Telephone Display Device (TDD)||844-467-2020|