We're slowly expanding our services. Drop in during in-branch hours—no scheduling needed!
What you can do
- Browse the collection. Learn more about the types of materials we offer!
- Use our internet computers and print, photocopy, or scan.
- Reserve a study room at Battle Ground, Cascade Park, Goldendale, Ridgefield, or Three Creeks.
- Pick up your available holds or Library Samplers.
- Get help from staff.
- Use our free Wi-Fi with your device.
- Attend a library program online or at the library. Check our calendar for details!
Please keep in mind
- Masks are optional starting March 12. (But we can provide you with a mask if you'd like.)
- If you have books to donate, please contact us to find out which branches are currently accepting donations, or contact the FVRL Foundation.
- Feeling sick? We encourage anyone with a fever, cough, or shortness of breath to please stay home and use our online resources or contact us.
Curbside or walk-up services
Most FVRL libraries provide curbside service. Check for curbside hours at your location.
Pick up holds or other requests
- First, make your request—place a hold on an item in the catalog, or request a Library Sampler.
- We'll notify you via when your item(s) are ready to pick up.
- No need to make an appointment—just arrive anytime during curbside hours and call the number on the curbside sign when you reach the library. We'll ask for your name and library card number.
- For streamlined service, you can use the Pick Up NOW feature in the FVRL catalog app.
- Staff will place your items in your trunk or use another no-contact method arranged ahead of time.
Other curbside or walk-up services
- Return materials 24/7 in our book returns.
- Use free FVRL Wi-Fi outside our buildings.
- Check out a Chromebook for two hours (not available at Yacolt Library Express). Chromebooks may be used in the library parking lot or around the library exterior.
Have more questions? See our Curbside FAQs.
Remote library services
We come to you! If you can't easily get to a library due to distance or mobility, if you're traveling, or if you'd prefer to use the library from the comfort of your home, please check out these services.
- Contact us. Submit a question, request assistance using resources, or get help with your account.
- Get a library card.
- Find virtual programs for kids, teens, or adults.
Download, stream, or research 24/7
- Read or listen to a digital book.
- Read digital newspapers and magazines.
- Watch movies, documentaries, and TV shows.
- Listen to music".
- Learn something new. Find courses, tutorials, and videos for subjects ranging from computers to crafts to languages.
- Work on your family tree.
- Find all our online librarian-picked information sources: encyclopedias, databases, and eResources on a wide range of subjects from auto repair to taxes.
Use bookmobile or mail services
- Check the bookmobile schedule to see if we visit your neighborhood.
- Learn about our Books by Mail service.