With everything around us closed and our need for social distancing, you and your family may be looking for new forms of learning and entertainment. You can still use all the digital services the library has to offer - some that you may not even know about. There’s also a wealth of other online ways to help pass the time at home. We’ve put together this page to help direct you to library resources that you can use while you’re staying at home. Watch for updates as we acquire more.
What library resources can we use from home?
Ask a Question - We're here to help!
- Ask a Librarian - Submit a question, request assistance using resources, or get help with your account. Our staff is monitoring and responding to questions. You can also call 360-906-5000 or 888-546-2707 (area code 509) between noon and 5 pm daily.
Learn something new - Whether it’s a job skill, another language, or a new hobby, we’ve got your online learning options covered.
- lynda.com - Instructional video courses on a wide variety of topics.
- Mango Languages - Learn over 70 languages from wherever you are.
- Creativebug - Thousands of arts and crafts video classes taught by experts.
- Learning Express Library - Tutorials and exam prep for school, college, career, and citizenship preparation; and software and computer tutorials
- Great Courses on Kanopy - Watch full courses in history, science, popular lifestyle topics, and more.
Watch something great - Now with increased streaming limits, Kanopy and Hoopla are a great source of entertainment and education.
- Kanopy - Stream indy films, classics, documentaries and kids programming with Common Sense Media Ratings.
- Hoopla - Check out films, TV shows, albums and eComics for your device.
- Access Video on Demand - Watch outstanding documentaries, award-winning educational films, independent films, and helpful instructional videos.
Read something digital - When physical items aren’t available, digital is a great option for reading and listening for all ages.
- OverDrive - eBooks and audiobooks without leaving the house.
- RBdigital - More audiobooks to choose from.
- Hoopla - eBooks and online book club.
- Flipster - Read your favorite magazines on your computer or device.
- New York Times Digital - Enjoy complimentary access to nytimes.com, and view articles from 1980 to today.
- TumbleBooks - Animated, talking picture books, including some in other languages.
- TeenBookCloud - Stream eBooks, graphic novels, and audiobooks for tweens and teens.
- Gale eBooks - Reference and travel guides in digital form.
Listen to music - Stream or download music to help you get through these uncertain times.
- Freegal - Streaming (now 24/7!) and downloadable music in all genres. Also includes music videos.
- Hoopla - Stream songs or entire albums.