The Fort Vancouver Regional Library District (FVRL) provides access to the Internet for our patrons through library computers as well as wireless access through patron-owned devices.
The following behaviors are prohibited while accessing the library’s Internet:
- Viewing sexually explicit images.
- Engaging in threatening or harassing behavior.
- Interfering with others' use of computers or electronic devices.
- Accessing, disseminating, downloading, viewing, streaming or printing information in violation of copyright laws.
- Engaging in or attempting to engage in any activity that would be a violation of any federal, state or local criminal statute or ordinance.
- Destroying, damaging, or defacing library facilities, materials, equipment or software, or using them in a manner to bypass security, cause injury, or interrupt services.
FVRL uses filtering software to block sexually explicit images. Internet users may request access to a particular site that they feel has been inappropriately blocked. Decisions about whether to unblock a site will be in accordance with FVRL policies.
Disclaimer: The Internet is a decentralized, unmoderated global network; FVRL has no control over the content found there and is not responsible for the availability and accuracy of information. Commercial or personal use of the Internet, such as credit card purchases, stock trades, bank transactions, filing tax documents or using remote personal or business systems are at the user’s own risk. FVRL's public network environment is open to all users, thus there is a possibility of interception of information or illegal access by malicious users or software. FVRL assumes no responsibility for damage or theft which occurs while using the library’s Internet connection, through either library equipment or a personal device.
Board Approved: October 16, 2017; replaces the Electronic Information Access Policy