Show us your creative side and enter the 2018 FVRL Bookmark Contest! Your local library will be accepting entries from February 1-28.
Who is eligible?
- Children and teens in grades K-12 who live or attend school in Clark, Skamania or Klickitat county, Yale Valley Library District or the Woodland School District may enter.
- Homeschoolers should enter at the comparable grade level.
How to enter
- There is no theme this year, so your design is only limited by your imagination.
- Complete your design on an official entry form in English, Russian, or Spanish. (Forms will be available here starting February 1.)
- Please don't use lead pencils or fluorescent markers, don't sketch lightly (it doesn't show up), and no computer-generated art.
- Completely fill out your name and entry information.
- Submit your entry by Wednesday, February 28, to any FVRL library or bookmobile. Winners will be announced March 20.
How the contest works
- Your local public library will choose a winner for each of four grade categories (K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12).
- Local finalists will each receive his/her bookmark framed.
- The four winning entries from each library will be entered into the final districtwide, grand-prize-winning contest.
- The grand-prize-winning bookmarks become property of the library district and will be displayed on the library’s website and printed for library use.
Bookmarks will be judged on:
Congratulations to the 2016 Winners!
The 2016 contest had winners in nine different grade categories. Top to bottom, left to right: Lou K, Kindergarten; Lusa F, grade 1; Lila S, grade 2; Joymae C, grades 9-12; Kyler H, grade 3; Victoriya Y, grade 4; Tamsyn L, grade 5; Adalie S, grade 6; Avalin S, grades 7-8.
Visit our Flickr collection to view art from all the contest finalists from 2016.