Residents of all ages living within FVRL's library district (Klickitat, Skamania, or Clark counties outside Camas city limits, and Woodland or Yale Valley Library District) are eligible for a card free of charge. Others may purchase a non-resident family card. Take a look at the various types of cards and their privilege levels to find the one for which you are eligible. Then apply using one of the methods below.
1. Apply now for an eCard
Complete the registration form to get immediate access to our digital collection including eBooks & eAudio*, eResources, music* and streaming video*. Use of physical materials is excluded, although you may place two holds on physical items. You may upgrade to an Everything card by visiting a library. eCards are limited to residents of the FVRL service district who don't already have a card.
2. Apply in person for an Everything Card
Get a card with all the benefits of an eCard* plus access to physical materials. Register at any staffed library. You’ll be asked for photo identification. You may print and fill out the application (also in español and русский) in advance of your visit.
*Access to certain digital items is restricted to residents only. Camas residents will be issued a Camas library card.
3. Apply in person for an Educator Card
What might you do with your card?
You may borrow materials, access eResources and take full advantage of the services at any FVRL location. You may read more specific information about card privileges online. Printable Welcome to the Library brochures are available in English, español, and русский.
- Be responsible for any item that anyone checks out using your card.
- Return or renew checked-out materials on or before the due date.
- Let us know promptly of any changes to your address or other contact information. Here's how.
- Report lost or stolen library cards by coming in or contacting us online or by phone.
- Promptly pay any fees accrued on your account. Here's how.
Borrowing, Renewing and Returning Items
- Where can I use my library card?
- How many items can I borrow?
- How long can I keep things?
- How do I renew items and extend my checkout period?
- Where can I return items?
- How long will a title stay on my account after I return it?
Requesting library items (Holds)
- How do I request an item (place a hold)?
- How many holds can I have at one time?
- How long do I have to check out an available hold?
- How do I cancel my hold?
- How do I suspend my holds?
Maintaining and using your account
- What's my PIN and how do I change it?
- How do I update my contact info?
- What do I do if I lose my card?
- Why is there a bill on my account and what can I do about it?
FVRL protects the privacy of all account holders, regardless of age. If you need information about another cardholder's account (child, parent, spouse, etc.):
- In person: You must have the library card or owner of the card with you so that he/she can give permission.
- Via My Account: Log in with the correct library card number and PIN.
- By Phone, Chat or Text: You must provide the cardholder's full name, card number, and PIN or date of birth.