To create a library that is welcoming, cozy, and inspirational. A library that strengthens the downtown experience of Washougal, reflecting its climate, landscape, and culture while remaining flexible to the future needs and aspirations of the community.
- June 2022: Completed conceptual design and preliminary estimate.
- June 2022: Hacker Architects and FVRLibraries presented updated drawings and plans to the community.
- May 2021: FVRLibraries selected Hacker Architects to design the new library.
- November 2020: Lone Wolf Development donated a 17,424 square-foot lot on Durgan Street, between Main and C Streets. The location sits between Washougal City Hall and the post office, adjacent to shopping, restaurants, and residential housing.
- Develop a full budget for the project
- Establish a fundraising plan with the FVRL Foundation and the Friends of Washougal Community Library
How you can help:
- Donor Opportunities
- Check for upcoming community meetings where you can get information and share your vision for a new library, or watch the recording above and send feedback and questions to WashougalLibraryDesign@hackerarchitects.com.
- Check for upcoming fundraisers.
- Invest in the new library—gifts of any size are gratefully accepted by the Fort Vancouver Regional Library Foundation.
- Join or support the Friends of Washougal Community Library and help with fundraisers and library promotion.
- Washougal Community Library in the news
- Architects give first glimpse of future Washougal library options (Camas-Washougal Post-Record, 3/24/2022)
- Washougal library manager has bittersweet goodbye; updates community on quest for new library building (Camas-Washougal Post-Record, 3/10/2022)
- Camas Lions donate to Washougal library fund (Camas-Washougal Post-Record, 2/24/2022)