Are you a creative tween or teen with a passion for writing and a desire to win a fantastic prize? Start getting your entries ready for this year’s Imagined Ink Teen Writing Contest, running until November 13, 2023.
Entries will be read by a panel of judges, with prizes awarded to an overall Best in Show winner, and winners in each age group (12–14 and 15–19), and several runners-up. A collection of the top works will also be published in the 2023 Imagined Ink Collection eBook, to be available to all library patrons through FVRLibraries’ OverDrive service.
- October 9: Join us for one of our virtual Teen Write-Ins to polish your entry before submission!
- November 13: Last day to submit entries using the online form
- December 18: Winners are notified, and winning entries are posted here
Who can participate?
The writing contest is open to teens 12–19 years old who live within, attend school, or are homeschooled in the Fort Vancouver Regional Library District and the Woodland School District.
Rules on entries
- Must be 1,000 words or less
- Comic entries must be submitted using these templates:
- Must be original work by contestant and cannot include fanfiction or recognizable characters/settings from other media
- May be any genre, topic, or format
- Must be in English or Spanish
- Only one entry per person
- Best in Show - $200 Visa Gift Card
- Age Group Winners - $75 Visa Gift Cards
- Runners-Up - $25 Visa Gift Cards
FVRLibraries staff may edit entries for spelling and punctuation. Worldwide copyright on each entry remains with the author. Your entry in this contest grants permission to publish your story on FVRLibraries' website and in a collected volume to be distributed as an eBook through FVRLibraries’ OverDrive service.
Our thanks to all who entered the 2022 Imagined Ink Fall Writing Contest, and congratulations to last year’s winners! Make sure to check out the Imagined Ink 2022: Fall Teen Writing Contest compilation eBook featuring our winners, runners-up, and 30+ other finalists from the 2022 contest!