Learn the skills you need through instructional video courses in education, technology, business, and creative fields. To get started, log in with your library card number and PIN.
Learning & exam preparation
- …View the one-hour Learning with Lynda.com to learn the site’s features and create a learning plan, or visit their support pages for additional help.
- Find resources including practice tests and tutorials for school success; college, career, and citizenship preparation; and software and computer tutorials.…
You'll be able to:
- • Improve your skills in elementary, middle, and high school subjects, or study for your high school equivalency credential.
- • Prepare for the ACT, SAT, and AP tests and more, and search for scholarships.
- • Explore careers and prepare for entrance and occupational exams and military tests.
- • Find a college, review your college skills, or prepare for for college placement exams and grad school admission exams.
- • Learn computer and internet basics, and master popular software such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, and Windows operating systems.
Some features require free registration in order to save your work, revisit your tests, or store scores. You'll need a valid email address and PIN to register.
Encuentre recursos para hispanohablantes sobre lectura y escritura en inglés, matemáticas y cómo prepararse para el examen de GED.
Find resources for Spanish speakers about reading and writing in English, math and preparing for the GED test.
Updated 10/2/18. Learn anything from Microsoft Office, computer science, data science; even IT infrastructure.
This resource is intended for Washington State residents only. To access this resource you will need to:
▪ Provide your zip code and certify you're a resident when asked.
▪ Have access to a computer or cloud storage with sufficient space to save the OneNote or Excel files containing the learning resources.
Read, play, watch, and do! Activities for pre-readers and beginning readers.
Available in library only.
Especially for young children: learn pre-reading and reading skills through games, music, and puzzles. Create your own account, so you can log back in each time you visit the library.
Have fun with languages! Children can start learning a second language before they can read a first one. Create a free account in Little Pim and get started!
Stream independent films, documentaries, classic films, Great Courses, world cinema, kids' educational programming, and kids' movies (with Common Sense Media ratings).
- Watch up to 10 films per month. Play credits reset on the 1st of the month.
- Take up to 3 days to watch each film.
- Kanopy Kids movies are unlimited! Get started now!
Choose a language, watch the training video, take the test, pay your fee, and print out a food handler's card, so you can work in the food or restaurant industry in Washington. (Available in multiple languages.)
Access online tutorials for computer basics, office software, job hunting skills, money management, social media, online security and more.
Find your specific area of interest under one of these headings: Technology Basics, Living in the Online World, Microsoft Office, Essential Skills, and Work & Career. Follow these links for practice using a mouse or to learn about email. Most tutorials also available in Spanish.
Learn how to use a wide variety of popular websites and apps for social, entertainment, shopping, learning and more. Tutorials are aimed at the baby boomer generation.
Take courses from instructors at more than 60 universities--many of which are free or low cost. Topics include economics, genetics, foundations of teaching, chemistry, programming, arts and more. Classes available in multiple languages.
Enroll in MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) offered by recognized universities and institutions from around the globe. Take a class in genetics or focus on a classic novel for several weeks. The choices are plentiful.
Watch tutorials online and practice a wide variety of life skills and academic subjects, from computer programming to printmaking or 3rd grade math to entrepreneurship.