How to check out (borrow) FVRL items
- Use our catalog or app to find materials.
- Place holds, or check out available digital items.
- Want us to pick materials for you? Use our Library Sampler service!
- Find all our digital collections: eBooks and eAudio, magazines and newspapers, video, and music.
- Pick up your holds by using our Curbside service.
- Return your items to any FVRL book return.
- There are no age restrictions for checking out any of our materials.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for the selection choices of their own minor children.
- Learn about books by mail.
If you don't find what you're looking for
- The library doesn't have what I want. How do I ask them to buy it?
- How do I request an item through interlibrary loan?
Your borrowing responsibilities
- Return or renew materials no later than the due date.
- Let us know right away if your address or other contact information changes.
- Report lost or stolen library cards right away by contacting us online or by phone.
- Be responsible for any item that anyone checks out using your card.
- Promptly pay any fees on your account. FVRL doesn't charge daily overdue fines, but we do bill for items that are lost, damaged, or missing parts. Learn more about FVRL bills.