How to check out (borrow) FVRL items
- Get a library account. It's free to district residents or property owners.
- Visit any FVRL library during in-branch hours to browse for books, DVDs, CDs, magazines, and more. Bring your library card number and PIN (or photo ID) to check materials out.
- Or browse in our catalog to find physical materials as well as digital materials such as eBooks. Place items on hold or check out available digital items.
- You can also use our links to individual vendors' sites for eBooks and eAudio, magazines and newspapers, video, or music to browse, check out, or stream our digital collections—or use their apps on your device.
- There are no age restrictions for checking out any of our materials.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for the selection choices of their own minor children.
- We offer a books by mail service.
- Make sure you're familiar with your borrower responsibilities.
- Are you having trouble borrowing? You may need to renew your account.
If you don't find what you're looking for
- The library doesn't have what I want. How do I ask them to buy it?
- Request books from other library systems via interlibrary loan.