This Grievance Procedure is established to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA). Use this procedure if you want to file a complaint alleging discrimination on the basis of disability in the provision of services, activities, programs, or benefits by Fort Vancouver Regional Libraries (FVRLibraries).
Please submit your complaint in writing, including this information about the alleged discrimination:
- Name, address, and phone number of the complainant
- Location, date, and description of the alleged discrimination
If you need to file a complaint in an alternative way, such as a personal interview or a tape recording of the complaint, please ask us. The complainant and/or their designee should submit the complaint as soon as possible, but no later than 60 calendar days after the alleged violation to:
ADA Coordinator, Public Services Division
Fort Vancouver Regional Libraries
2018 Grand Blvd
Vancouver WA 98661
Investigation and resolution
- The ADA Coordinator or their designee will investigate the complaint and will meet with the complainant within 15 calendar days after receipt of the complaint to discuss the complaint and the possible resolution.
- Within 15 calendar days of that meeting, the ADA Coordinator or their designee will respond in writing and, where appropriate, in a format accessible to the complainant such as large print or audio tape. The response will explain FVRLibraries' position and offer options for substantive resolution of the complaint.
Appeal and final resolution
- If the response by the ADA Coordinator or their designee does not satisfactorily resolve the issue, the complainant and/or their designee may appeal the decision within 15 calendar days after receipt of FVRLibraries' response.
- Within 15 calendar days after receipt of the appeal, the FVRLibraries Executive Director or their designee will meet with the complainant to discuss the complaint and possible resolutions.
- Within 15 calendar days after the meeting, the FVRLibraries Executive Director or their designee will respond in writing, and, where appropriate, in a format accessible to the complainant, with a final resolution of the complaint.
- All written complaints received by the ADA Coordinator and their designee, appeals to the FVRLibraries Executive Director or their designee, and responses from these two offices will be retained by FVRLibraries for at least three years.