It is possible to have one email address connected to the Libby app and a different one connected to the FVRL OverDrive website, so if you use more than one app or method to read your books, please follow the directions to make sure you have your current email address in all locations.
Updating your email address in Libby
If you know how to turn off Libby app notifications from within your device's main Settings menu, you can choose to do that, then open the Libby app and follow Steps 2-6 below.
Otherwise, you can use a computer or mobile device to update your preferences:
- In a browser window, go to Libbyapp.com and follow prompts to sign in.
- Select the Libby menu icon at the bottom of the page.
- Select "Settings," then "Manage Notifications."
- Scroll to the bottom and click either "Fix This" (for the first time you sign in) or "Change this?" (to edit an existing email address).
- Type in your email address and click Next.
- Update the list of notification options to suit your preferences.
- For more information, see the Libby Help site.
Updating your email address in the OverDrive app or website
Through an unavailable hold
- Sign in to OverDrive in a browser or the OverDrive app.
- Tap My Account, then tap Holds.
- Choose any hold and look beneath the cover for "Edit email." Click and enter your new email address. Updating the email in one hold will update the email in all future holds, but you must update all existing holds individually.
- Sign in, then look for your name in the upper right corner and click on the down-arrow next to it.
- Click "Settings" on the drop-down menu, erase the old email listed under "Personal details" and type in the new email address.
- Scroll down and click "Save."
- Sign in to your email account, find the verification email from OverDrive, click the link, and then click the Verify button.
What if a hold notice went to my old address?
You have 3 days (72 hours) to check out an available hold. If you miss the email notification and/or in-app notifications, OverDrive will suspend your available hold for seven days as a courtesy the first time (per hold). If you miss your hold the second time it becomes available, the hold will be canceled. Please keep your email address current through one of the methods above.