FVRLibraries uses Zoom for some of our online programs. For your security, we'll always send you an unpublished link and password when we use Zoom.
Joining a Zoom meeting
- An hour before the program starts, you'll receive an email with a link to the Zoom meeting and the password to join.
- When you click the meeting link, you may be prompted to download Zoom. Follow the prompts and the meeting should start.
- If you can't download Zoom, you can go to zoom.us/join and enter the meeting code (also in the email) and password to join. You will not have all the functions available with the Zoom download.
Audio and video settings
- Once you've joined the meeting, a pop-up window will appear. Click “Join with Computer Audio.” You can also click the “Test Speaker and Microphone” link to test your audio.
- By default, your microphone will be turned off. You can turn it on and off by clicking on the microphone icon.
- If you don't have a microphone or speakers, you can call one of the phone numbers listed in the email to use your phone as your microphone and/or speaker.
- To access advanced audio and video settings, click on the arrow near the microphone and video icons.
Zoom meeting etiquette and rules of conduct
- Please mute yourself if you aren't speaking. This will prevent feedback and background noise from interfering with the program.
- Please keep chat comments on-topic and appropriate.
- All attendees at FVRL virtual programs are expected to abide by our Rules of Conduct. Failing to do so may result in your removal from the virtual program.
Zoom has a robust Help page with information about most issues that can occur during a Zoom meeting. Here are some helpful troubleshooting topics.
- Getting started (includes info on installation, troubleshooting, desktop and mobile versions, etc.)
- Joining a meeting
- Audio issues
- Video issues
- Screen sharing (for presenters only)
- Zoom FAQ
Still having issues? Please use our "Get Help Using FVRL's Online Resources" form!