Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about our remote printing service.
- Where can I find basic instructions?
On FVRL's Print, Copy, or Scan page.
- What if I want to print an email or email attachment?
Forward your email to one of these addresses, depending on whether you want to print in black & white or in color:
Once you forward your email, you should receive a reply within a minute or two containing your code so you can retrieve it from the printer.
At the print release station in the library, enter the “Guest Name/Card Number” listed in the confirmation email you received. It is usually your email username, so easy to remember.
The email itself and each of its attachments will then show up as separate print jobs, so you can pick and choose which documents you actually want to print.
Note: this method of printing emails does not allow cardholders to redeem the $3 weekly printing credit. To redeem your credit while printing emails, you'll need to follow the directions for printing from a webpage, Google Suite, or password-protected page below.
- How can I print from a webpage, Google Suite file, or password-protected page like an email or boarding pass?
Convert your file or page into a PDF. Here are instructions for saving as a PDF in a few common operating systems:
- On a Chromebook, type ctrl+p. Verify that "Save as PDF" is the print option, then click Save. Choose a name and location for the PDF file. Upload the saved PDF to ePRINTit.
- On a Mac, Choose File > Print. Click the PDF pop-up menu, then choose "Save as PDF." Choose a name and location for the PDF file. Upload the saved PDF to ePRINTit.
- On a Windows 10 PC, Select File > Print. Select "Microsoft Print to PDF" as the printer, then click Print. Choose a name and location for the PDF file and click Save. Upload the saved PDF to ePRINTit.
You can print any of these file types: .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .bmp, .tif, .tiff, .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .xlsx, .html, .htm, .txt, .rtf, .pub, .odt, .odp, .ods, .xps
- I used my library card number but didn't get any free prints! Why not?
You must use your library card to log into one of FVRL's public internet computers at least once before the printing system will recognize you and apply the credit.
- I sent my print job from home. Where and when do I pick it up?
Come to the print release/payment kiosk at any FVRL library to print and pay for your printing. You have 24 hours to print your pages.
- On which day does the weekly credit renew?
- Can I print from my mobile device (in the library or from anywhere)?
Yes, you can. Either email your print job (see above question) or use the ePRINTit app for Apple iOS or Android.
From the app, you can print documents, emails, photos, or web pages.
Note: Once you select the item you wish to print in the app, a screen displays showing providers. Ignore this and just type your city, state/zip code in the search box at the top in order to locate a library nearby. Once you've chosen a location, it will show up in the "Shortcuts" tab of this screen, so you needn't search again. No matter which library you select from here, you can still come to any FVRL branch and access your print job.
- How do I pay for my remote printing?
Pay at the payment kiosk at the library. It accepts cash (coins and $1, $5, and $10 bills) as well as credit cards and debit cards up to a $5 limit (in other words, large jobs need to be split into $5 increments if you're paying with a card).