FVRLibraries, alongside Fort Vancouver Regional Library Foundation and Friends of Woodland Community Library, is excited to provide this preview of your new Woodland Community Library. Working together, we aim to build a welcoming and accessible library that is a flexible and inspiring environment for learning and collaboration, enriches your connections to the community, becomes a central destination for generations to come, and anchors future development in Woodland.
- October 16, 2023: Construction began on the new library building.
- July 17, 2023: Permission was granted by the FVRLibraries Board of Trustees for the Executive Director to negotiate with the construction firm on a final contract.
- July 10, 2023: Construction bid process closed. Out of four responsive bids, Bremik Construction, Inc., was selected as being the lowest responsive bid.
- June 17, 2023: Groundbreaking ceremony at 411 Lakeshore Drive, Woodland, WA, 98674.
- June 2023: Construction drawings released for contractors to submit construction bids. Groundbreaking ceremony at 411 Lakeshore Drive, Woodland, WA, 98674 scheduled for Saturday, June 17.
- Fall 2024: FVRLibraries anticipates construction will take up to 18 months, with an expected opening for the new library in fall 2024.
How you can help:
- Donor Opportunities
- Check for upcoming fundraisers.
- Invest in the new library—gifts of any size are gratefully accepted by the Fort Vancouver Regional Library Foundation.
- Join or support the Friends of Woodland Community Library and help with fundraisers and library promotion.
- In the news:
- New Woodland Library construction begins (The Reflector, 11/7/2023)
- Woodland library breaks ground on new location (The Reflector, 6/19/2023)
- FVRL breaking ground on new Woodland Community Library (ClarkCountyToday.com, 6/12/2023)
- Woodland Community Library enters final fundraising stretch for new building (The Daily News, 5/9/2022)
- Woodland library project receives $515,000 state grant (The Columbian, 5/9/2022)
- FWCL to host fundraiser to build new library in Woodland (The Reflector, 4/14/2022)
- Two local projects receive funding in 2022 state capital budget (The Reflector, 3/21/22)