FVRLibraries, alongside Fort Vancouver Regional Library Foundation and Friends of Woodland Community Library, is excited to provide this preview of your new Woodland Community Library. Working together, we aim to build a welcoming and accessible library that is a flexible and inspiring environment for learning and collaboration, enriches your connections to the community, becomes a central destination for generations to come, and anchors future development in Woodland.
- July 2022: We are revising the schematic design to fit the 7,500 square-foot building.
- December 2021: The project had been on hold since late 2020, when the estimate for the 12,000 square-foot library was nearly $2 million over the $7 million budget. It was determined the best course is to reduce the overall size.
- August–November 2022: Design development and estimating
- December 2022–March 2023: Construction drawings
- April–May 2023: Permitting and bids
- June 2023: Groundbreaking
- June 2023–2024: Construction will take up to 12 months; the new library is expected to open summer 2024
How you can help:
- Donor Opportunities
- Check for upcoming fundraisers.
- Invest in the new library—gifts of any size are gratefully accepted by the Fort Vancouver Regional Library Foundation.
- Join or support the Friends of Woodland Community Library and help with fundraisers and library promotion.
- In the news
- Woodland Community Library enters final fundraising stretch for new building (The Daily News, 5/9/2022)
- Woodland library project receives $515,000 state grant (The Columbian, 5/9/2022)
- FWCL to host fundraiser to build new library in Woodland (The Reflector, 4/14/2022)
- Two local projects receive funding in 2022 state capital budget (The Reflector, 3/21/22)