Would you like to present a library-sponsored program at one of our branches? FVRL provides programming for all ages at all branch libraries throughout the year. We welcome proposals for unbiased, non-partisan programs which support our mission and which complement our collections, services, and goals.
Types of programs we sponsor
- Author events*
- and other educational, recreational or cultural activities.
*If you want to give an author event, your book first needs to be included in the FVRL collection. To have your title considered for purchase by the Library, please read through our Guidelines for Authors and Publishers and fill out the form on that page. If we add your book to our collection, you can then fill out the program proposal form on this page.
If you are looking for space to hold a non-library program or meeting, please see our Request a Room Reservation page.
What you need to know about library-sponsored programs
- Your event needs to be free and open to the public.
- You’ll need to allow at least four months before the program date for library planning and publicity.
- You may not sell products or services during presentations at the library. However, with prior arrangement, we may allow the sale of works by presenters such as books, music, or artwork immediately before or after the presentation.
- You will need to complete a background check to present at the Library. FVRLibraries requires background checks on all staff, volunteers, and presenters working directly with the public. The Library pays all costs associated with completing the background check.