Information about the program
ConnectFVRL is a partnership between Fort Vancouver Regional Libraries and many local school districts. Through ConnectFVRL, students are automatically registered for a special FVRL account (Connect Card) that allows them to access FVRL electronic research tools, eBooks and eAudiobooks.
For parents or guardians
Your child's Connect Card connects them to a wealth of online resources to support their schoolwork.
- What is the difference between the Connect Card and a regular library account?
Connect Cards are separate from other library accounts, and provide digital-only access to library resources, eBooks, and eAudiobooks to students. They can not be used for checking out physical materials from the library. They don't replace any other public library account your student/child may have.
- Is there any financial risk to my child/student having a Connect Card?
No. Because the Connect Card provides access to digital resources only, there are no fines or fees associated with the account.
- What resources will my child/student be able to access for free with their Connect Card?
Connect Card offers access to all online resources and eMedia with the exception of Tumblebooks and Hoopla. This includes free access to eBooks, eAudiobooks, articles, eMagazines, music, dozens of databases and more. There are materials in different reading levels and languages, and all are accessible from school and home. For a full list of resources, including descriptions, please visit the ConnectFVRL homepage.
- Is the library monitoring what my student/child is checking out or accessing?
No, the library doesn't monitor materials or resources accessed through the Connect Card. We encourage you to talk to your student/child about how they are using their account.
- Can I opt out or opt back in to the Connect Card for my child?
Students from participating school districts are automatically enrolled in the ConnectFVRL program. However, we realize that some families may wish not to participate. To opt out or to opt back in to the ConnectFVRL program, please contact your child’s school directly.
- How can I get a library account for myself?
- Learn how on our Library Accounts page.
ConnectFVRL makes it easier than ever for teachers to incorporate digital resources from the public library into their curriculum.
- What do I need to know to get started with ConnectFVRL?
Please review our Connect Card Tutorial for a short 15-min overview of the program, helpful classroom handouts, and additional resources.
- Will teachers get a ConnectFVRL account?
Connect Cards are only for students. But if you need a library account, you're welcome to use our online library card sign-up. This will provide instant access to our digital collection. If you sign up online for a library card for school use, please use the following information in your application:
- Middle Name: Teacher – School District Name
- Address: School District Main Office Address
We also offer a special account for educators, with higher checkout limits and longer checkout periods. Learn more on our Library Accounts page.
- I want to check out one title for my entire class to read together. Is this possible?
Just like with physical books, the library has a set number of eBooks and eAudiobooks that can be checked out at one time through Overdrive (eBooks and eAudiobooks). Usually, we do not have enough copies of one title to lend out to an entire class through these resources. To learn more about our eBook services, please review this handout: eBook and eAudiobook Basics.
- What kind of assistance does FVRL provide to teachers and their students about Connect Card?
FVRLibraries staff are happy to help you and your students. Topics include (but are not limited to):
- Guidance on research projects
- Getting started with Connect Card
- Book talks
- Library tours
- One-on-one online resource assistance for teachers/educators
If you want to talk with staff about arranging a classroom visit, getting one-on-one assistance with resources, or discussing other possible opportunities, please contact us.
- Can I request more information or schedule a classroom visit?
Sure! Just fill out our question/comment form.