FVRLibraries offers eBooks and eAudiobooks for all ages in English and Spanish from OverDrive.
Although you can check out materials straight from the OverDrive website or by using the Libby or OverDrive apps, you can also locate and borrow OverDrive eBooks and eAudiobooks straight from the FVRLibraries catalog or catalog app. Here's how:
Do some one-time set-up with the vendor(s)
You may need to set up an account or download an app. Here's how to get started with OverDrive.
Find eBooks and eAudiobooks
In the FVRL catalog
- Change the drop-down menu from "Everything" to "eBooks & eAudio." (On mobile, this is under "Search Options.")
- Enter title, author, or keywords in the search box and search.
- Filter your results by using "Limit Search Results" on the left (on mobile, tap "Filter results") to filter by language, eFormat, subject, or more.
In the FVRL app
- Enter a title, author, or keyword in the search box and tap "Done" or "Return."
- At the bottom of the screen, tap "Search...All Collections."
- Under "Search in," select "eBooks & eAudio" and tap "Done" and "Apply filters."
- Scroll the search results and tap one you'd like to check out.
- Select "Borrow."
- Log in if you aren't already.
- Select a "Checkout" option:
- "Read now with Kindle" (or "Borrow Now - Kindle" on mobile): Download to your Kindle device or Kindle app. For detailed instructions, see "How to get Kindle books from Amazon" (start at step 6).
- "Read now in browser" (or "Borrow Now - HTML) on mobile): To read in your browser with an internet connection, or to read in the Libby app. No downloading.
- "Download EPUB book" (or "Borrow Now - Adobe Digital Editions" on mobile): To download to the OverDrive app or Adobe Digital Editions
- To download, pick MP3.
- To listen in your browser (must have internet connection), pick OverDrive Listen.
Please note: the OverDrive app will be discontinued on May 1, 2023. As Amazon has not yet accepted the Libby app to the Amazon Appstore, the OverDrive app will remain available for Kindle Fire users to download and access until further notice. Users with Kindle Fire devices can also sideload Libby manually following these steps.
Still having issues? Please use our Help form, or try the help sites from OverDrive or Libby.