Yes! You can choose to receive hold pickup notices, due date reminders, or overdue item notices via text message.
How to sign up for text notices
- Log in to your library account.
- Go to your "Personal Information" tab.
- Click on the bottom menu choice that says "Text Notifications" and click "Add New" if you've never added text notifications before.
- Make up a label for your phone (e.g. "my phone").
- Enter your phone number.
- Choose which types of notices you wish to receive via text. (We're not currently using text for these options: Bill notices, Manual message, and General announcements—even though they're listed as options.)
- Click "Save."
- Text notifications are in addition to your other notification method (email, phone call, or US mail), except for the first hold notice for an item, for which you'll get a text only if the item becomes available during library open hours.
- Texted hold notices will tell you a hold is ready for pickup and which location has it, but they don't include information about the item.
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, and Interlibrary Loan items are not eligible for text notices at this time.
Need more help? Please contact us.