How we notify you
FVRLibraries sends notices about your physical checkouts (books, DVDs, etc.) by one of these three regular methods:
- Email: If there is a valid email address in your account
- Phone: If there is a valid phone number in your account, but no email address
- US Mail: If there isn't a valid phone number or email address in your account
- You may also opt in to receive text messages in addition to your regular notification method (email, phone, or US mail).
Types of notices
Here are the notices you will receive, based on your regular notification method.
- 1st hold notice: Sent the day after the hold becomes available, via email, phone, or US mail.
Text notices are sent the same day the hold becomes available, but only if the hold becomes available before 5 pm on a day the library is open. Otherwise, you’ll be notified by your regular method. If you get a text, you won’t get an email, phone, or US mail notice.
- 2nd hold notice: Sent 6 days before the pickup date, via email only
- Final hold notice: Sent 3 days before the pickup date, via email only
- Due date reminder: Sent 3 days before due date, via email only, if you have no renewals left.
Text notices are sent 1 day before the due date.
- Automatic renewal: Sent on the due date, via email only, if you still have renewals left. We’ll let you know whether your items will be automatically renewed or if you need to return them because someone else has requested them.
- First overdue notice: Sent when item is 1 week overdue, via email, phone, or US mail.
Text message is sent when item is 1 day overdue.
- Final overdue notice: Sent when item is 2 weeks overdue, via email, phone, or US mail.
- Bill notice: Sent when items are 4 weeks overdue, via email or US mail. At that point, we consider the items lost and bill you for replacement cost. But if you return the material in good condition, your bill is canceled.
Would you like to change your notification method? Has your email, phone number, address, or name changed? Find out how to update your account.
Still have questions? Please contact us!