How to request a purchase
We welcome suggestions for the collection via our Request a Purchase form, which will require you to log in with your library card number and PIN. We will not consider requests for books more than six months in advance of publication, or one month for eBooks. There's no charge for making a request.
How to check the status of your request
We don't contact you when we decide to buy an item or not, but here's how to check on the status of your request:
- Click on "My Account/Renew" in the upper right corner of any page of our website, and sign in to your account with your library card number and PIN.
- Select "My Account" in the header.
- Select the blue "Requests" tab.
- If your request is listed, we're still considering it.
- If your request isn't listed, it could mean a couple of things, depending on what you requested.
- Physical items: Either we decided not to order it, or we decided to order it and you'll find it on your holds list.
- eBooks or eAudio:
- Check the OverDrive website or app to see if we have the title. (It could take a week or so for it to appear.) If you find it, then you can check it out or place a hold.
- If we decide not to purchase it, the book will disappear from your "Requests" list, but it won't show up in OverDrive.
Still have questions? Please contact us!