To help our communities stay safe, all FVRL locations are enforcing the WA state mask requirement and our Additional Rules of Conduct. Don’t have a mask? We can provide one! We’re also still offering curbside service for pickup of holds or library samplers.
Listen to music for free with your library card!
- Stream up to 5 hours of music per day.
- Download up to 5 songs in MP3 format per week. They are yours to keep.
- Enjoy 2 music videos per week.
Have questions? Read the Freegal FAQs.
Check out up to 20 films, TV episodes, music albums, eAudio, or eComics from Hoopla monthly and enjoy them on your computer, phone, tablet, or TV. Collections available in several languages, including español, 中文, and русский.
- Basic information
- Materials are available in over 70 languages.
- View movies and TV shows* for three (3) days following checkout.
- Stream music albums for up to seven (7) days following checkout.
- Download and view eComics, eBooks, eAudio, and sheet music for 21 days following checkout.
- Start an online book club.
- Many Hoopla videos are closed captioned. Search the Hoopla Help site for "closed captions" to learn how to display subtitles.
- You may need the Widevine plugin to view videos in your browser. If you are using Firefox, you may wish to use Google Chrome instead, as it doesn't require the plugin.
- Get started today
- Go to Hoopla and sign up with the email and password of your choice.
- Download the appropriate app for your device, or use it in your web browser.
- Borrow and enjoy!
- Get help
- See Hoopla help for FAQs.
- Forgot the email address you used to sign up? Use the "Contact Us" form at the bottom of every Hoopla help page, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the library's name (Fort Vancouver Regional Libraries), your library card number, and a description of your issue. (Unfortunately, FVRL staff can't look up your Hoopla email address or password.)
- Forgot your Hoopla password? Use the "Forgot your password?" link on the Hoopla login page once you know the correct email address.
- Ask us for Tech Help for other issues (not account login).
Stream independent films, documentaries, classic films, Great Courses, Milestone Films, world cinema, kids' educational programming, and kids' movies (with Common Sense Media ratings).
- Important details
- Watch up to 20 films per month. Play credits reset on the 1st of the month.
- Take up to 3 days to watch each film.
- The collection will change as Kanopy adds and deletes material. FVRL does not select Kanopy content.
Some other things to know:
- You can view your borrowing history from a web browser, but not from the apps at present.
- To more easily find titles you wish to watch or have already borrowed, add them to your Watchlist.
- The mobile version of the Kanopy app includes a menu option to Continue Watching any videos you have started but not completed. If a video is not currently checked out by you, tapping to Continue Watching will use one of your monthly borrowing credits.
- Get started today!
- Learn about Kanopy Kids
Kanopy also offers children's movies, shows, and educational programs through Kanopy Kids.
- When you open Kanopy, select "Go to Kanopy Kids."
- Unlimited borrowing and viewing is allowed in Kanopy Kids.
- You can set parental controls, so young viewers stay in the Kanopy Kids area.
- Learn more about Kanopy Kids!
Watch a wide variety of arts & crafts classes taught by design experts. Find a project for every occasion.
- Creativebug and your privacy
Creativebug requires you to create an account that is a public profile. Here's how to avoid sharing your personal information.
Creativebug user profiles display First Name, Last Name, and Bio, and they will only display initials for first and last name.
If you want to use Creativebug while avoiding sharing personal information, you can completely customize all of those fields. For example, you could enter First Name as simply S, Last Name as S, and leave the Bio field blank.
Personal profile settings are managed via Access My Account in the menu in the upper right-hand corner of the Creativebug website once you've signed in to your account. These settings are not accessible via the Creativebug mobile app.
Stream local programming, view the daily schedule, or search the archives for a program you may have missed.