We offer downloadable eBooks and audiobooks through OverDrive. The download method depends on your device and the app you use:
- For iOS, Android, or newer Kindle Fire devices, use the Libby app. If your device is connected to Wi-Fi, in most cases, the Libby app will download checked-out titles to your Loans shelf automatically. (If your device is using a cellular signal, opening a book will prompt Libby to stream pages or playback.) Tap the 3-line icon in the app footer to go to Settings, where you can change your download rules if necessary.
- For computers, use Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) or the Kindle app to download eBooks. You can also use ADE to transfer to a non-Kindle eReader.
- To transfer audiobooks to an iPod or MP3 player, use a legacy desktop app if you already have it on your computer.
- Here's how to download to a Kindle eReader or a Kindle app.
- Note: you can also read online in a browser window on any device with an internet connection—just use libbyapp.com or pick the OverDrive Read or OverDrive Listen formats from the FVRL OverDrive website.
Still having issues? Find out how to "Get Help Using FVRL's Online Resources!"