We offer downloadable eBooks and audiobooks through OverDrive. The download method depends on your device and the app you use:
- For iOS or Android devices, use the Libby app. If your device is connected to Wi-Fi, in most cases, the Libby app will download checked-out titles to your Loans shelf automatically. (If your device is using a cellular signal, opening a book will prompt Libby to stream pages or playback.) Tap the Libby icon in the app footer to go to Settings, where you can change your download rules if necessary.
- For Fire tablets, Chromebooks, or Windows 8/10, use the OverDrive app.
- For eReaders or devices that can't use the Libby or Overdrive app, use Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) on a computer. You can use ADE to transfer to an eReader.
- To transfer audiobooks to an iPod or MP3 player, use a desktop app.
- Here's how to download to a Kindle eReader or a Kindle app.
- Note: you can also read online in a browser window on any device with an internet connection - just pick the OverDrive Read or OverDrive Listen formats.
Still having issues? Find out how to "Get Help Using FVRL's Online Resources!"