How to check out (borrow) FVRL items
- Visit any FVRL library during limited in-branch hours to browse for books, DVDs, CDs, magazines, and more. (You can schedule a visit or drop in if space is available.) Bring your library card and PIN to check them out.
- Or browse in our catalog to find physical materials as well as digital materials such as eBooks. Place items on hold or check out available digital items.
- You can also use our links to individual vendors' sites for eBooks and eAudio, magazines and newspapers, video, or music to browse, check out, or stream our digital collections—or use their apps on your device.
- There are no age restrictions for checking out any of our materials.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for the selection choices of their own minor children.
- We offer a books by mail service.
If you don't find what you're looking for
- The library doesn't have what I want. How do I ask them to buy it?
- How do I request an item through interlibrary loan?
Your borrowing responsibilities
- Return or renew materials no later than the due date.
- Let us know right away if your address or other contact information changes.
- Report lost or stolen library cards right away by coming in or contacting us online or by phone.
- Be responsible for any item that anyone checks out using your card.
- Promptly pay any fees on your account. FVRL doesn't charge daily overdue fines, but we do bill for items that are lost, damaged, or missing parts. Learn more about FVRL bills.